Publications to download or order
Amber Community provides brochures for people impacted by road trauma and flyers on our different education programs. These can be downloaded in PDF format by clicking on the relevant link. Hard copies may be ordered by calling us on 1300 367 797.
Information and resources
- Our Community: a brochure about our unique services and events.
- After the Crash: a small business-sized brochure that is handed out at the scene of a road collision.
- Working together with Victoria Police: working to support people impacted by road trauma together with Victoria Police.
- Legal Support: how to find a lawyer to help you if bereaved or seriously injured.
Also available in the following languages:
We are committed to educating the community and raising public awareness about road trauma and how it affects people’s lives.
Road Trauma Awareness Seminar program
Road Trauma Awareness Seminar program for referrer’s
Road Trauma Awareness Seminar online booking form
The Best Drive Ever
Specialised guides for dealing with road trauma
Our specialised guides dealing with the impact of road trauma provide additional information and support and provide some tools that can help you and others cope after a road incident.
- Grief following road trauma: Advice for those who have lost a loved one due to a road collision.
- First on the scene and witnesses of road trauma: Guidance for those who witnessed or were first on the scene of a serious or fatal collision.
- Supporting children (0 – 12 years): A guide for parents of children involved in or affected by road trauma.
- Supporting teenagers and young adults: Resources for parents, teenagers, and young adults dealing with road trauma.
- Common reactions to road trauma: Understanding and managing the various feelings and emotions that may arise.
Our guides are also available in multiple languages to ensure accessibility for a diverse audience:
- Grief following road trauma Arabic عربي
- Grief following road trauma Chinese 简体中文
- Grief following road trauma Vietnamese Tiếng Việt
- First on the scene and witnesses of road trauma Arabic عربي
- First on the scene and witnesses of road trauma Chinese 简体中文
- First on the scene and witnesses of road trauma Vietnamese Tiếng Việt
Evaluation and Research
Survivor story-telling in road trauma education and support program
- Australasian Road Safety Conference 2017, Harms et al., Survivor story-telling in road trauma education and support programs: Reviewing the evidence
- Monash University Accident Research Centre – RTAS Literature Review
- Monash University Accident Research Centre – Drive to Learn Program Review
- Australasian Road Safety Conference 2015, Clark et al., Enhancing offender programs to address recidivism (Paper)
- Australasian Road Safety Conference 2015, Clark et al., Enhancing offender programs to address recidivism (Presentation)
In 2015 Amber Community celebrated its 21st birthday and produced a booklet called 21 years.
Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) 131 450
A 24/7 phone interpreting service available to help you.