VOLUNTEER WITH AMBER COMMUNITY
Volunteering with Amber Community is a powerful way to make a difference by encouraging discussions about road trauma and its impact.
There are various opportunities to volunteer and contribute to Amber Community:
- Sharing your lived experience: Your personal story can inspire others to make safer choices on the roads.
- Raising awareness and advocating: Support road safety initiatives by raising awareness and advocating for safer road behaviours.
- Fundraising: Help fundraise for Amber Community to support the vital work of caring for those impacted by road trauma and the delivery of education programs addressing behaviours and attitudes on the road.
You’ll find a welcoming and supportive environment when you become a part of our volunteer community. We offer ongoing training, regular catch-ups, and support every step of the way.
Help us spread the word
Sharing your own story becomes the ‘why’ behind promoting road safety and reducing the impacts of road trauma. Personal narratives have the incredible power to raise awareness and motivate individuals to drive safely.
At Amber Community, we are fortunate to have more than 140 dedicated volunteers who generously support our organisation, with many sharing their road trauma experiences. They are passionate about highlighting the impact and ripple effect of road trauma.
Inspire safe choices with your story
Our lived experience volunteers can speak at our educational programs, community gatherings, schools, workplaces, and in the media. Your story can be a lifesaving inspiration.
One of our volunteers shared their experience:
“Lifesaving for sure. It has improved my sense of self-worth after our family’s tragic event. It helped me rebuild and re-energise my life to give it meaning and purpose. It has given me opportunities to connect and develop meaningful relationships with like-minded people.”
We welcome volunteers who have
- Experienced injuries or had family members/friends injured
- Experienced the loss of a loved one due to road trauma
- Been first on the scene or witnessed a serious road incident
- Been involved in a serious road incident as a driver
- Served as emergency service workers attending road incidents
Volunteering as a lived experience volunteer speaker offers an excellent opportunity to educate and inform about this important cause. In addition to professional training, you’ll gain valuable experience in public speaking and networking skills.
Join us in raising awareness and inspiring road safety conversations today!